- The Promoter is: Sydney Duty Free Pty Ltd (ABN 24 086 126 310) of registered office address: 136 Liverpool Street Sydney NSW 2000, mentioned hereafter jointly referred to as the ‘Promoter.’
- Employees of the Promoter or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- To enter the competition an entrant must complete the ‘Sydney Duty Free competition form’ and have read, understood and agreed the rules of the game displayed on the banner inside the Sydney Duty Free physical store.
- Competition for the prize is currently limited to Monday to Friday 1pm to 4pm.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries outside the conditions stated in these terms and conditions.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- Customers must pay a $10 admission fee to participate, or
- Customers must submit an approved coupon or token accepted by Sydney Duty Free staff which represents a free entry
- 15 seconds is provided to use a practice wooden golden bar. During this time Customers must not touch the actual gold bar
- 60 seconds is provided to remove the gold bar from the box with one hand in 60 seconds. During the 60 seconds the practice wooden golden bar must not be touched or used
- A second hand may be used to support, however must not touch the outer box of the gold bar challenge.
- The outer box of the gold bar challenge must not be tipped or moved during the challenge.
- No other tool may be used to lift or support the movement of the gold bar except the hand
- If successful a winner will be awarded $10,000
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prizes are not transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to make payment of the Prize in instalments, however will be made within 12 months. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the participation date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not confirm by email within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the rights of the winner.
- The Promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her acceptance and agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be published on our website.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to any other party.
These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the New South Wales. It is also in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia.
If any of these conditions should be determined by a Court to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, they will be deemed ineffective to the extent of the prohibition or unenforceability. This does not invalidate the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions.
Sydney Duty Free General Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are made between you, as the Consumer, and Sydney Duty Free Pty Ltd (24 086 126 310)
- The following Terms and Conditions apply immediately once agreeing to Terms and Conditions are made with the Sydney Duty Free Pty Ltd.
Warning Under Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act are made;
- In accordance with section 22 of the ACL, Customers agree that by entering the Premises, Customers agree to waive that their rights to sue the Supplier under the ACL for reasons in sections 2 and 3.
NOTE: Changes to Consumer’s rights, as set out in this Agreement, does not apply if the injury suffered or death is due to Gross Negligence caused by the Supplier.
- Customers guarantee that they are in good health and free from any adverse medical conditions.
- Customers must meet the terms with the Supplier’s signs displayed on the Premise
- The Suppler reserves the right to suspend or cancel access to the competition in its absolute discretion. Reasons may include, but are not limited to, Customers acting recklessly, or not compying with conditions.
Liabilities and Waiver of Rights
Customers agree to participate in the the competition at their sole risk.
- Sydney Duty Free, (“the Supplier”) agree to act with due care and skill at all times when providing services.
- Customers acknowledge that participation in the competition supplied by the Supplier may be dangerous and comprise inherent risks and hazards. Customers further acknowledge that the inherent risks may cause serious injury, permanent disability and sometimes death.
- By participating in the competition provided by the Suppliers, customers, participants, their dependents and/or legal representatives (“Customers”) agree to the following conditions:
- Customers agree to abide by all rules and guidelines provided by the Supplier.
- Customers assume and accept all risks and waive their right to pursue the Supplier for injuries suffered, or death, caused by or arising from participation of the the competition.
- Should Customers suffer an injury, or death, on the Premises, as a result of the consumer acting in contradiction of the Supplier’s Rules of Conduct (“RoC”) and all Guidelines provided by the Supplier, the Consumer agrees to waive their rights to claim that the competition was not supplied with due care and skill; for not being reasonably fit for purpose; and for breach of contract or any consumer guarantees under the ACL; and/or negligence.
- Customers agree that the Suppliers, their officeholders and/or representative have no liability to Customers under breach of warranty (either express, implied or statutory), contract, tort, negligence, statute or statutory duty.
Health and Safety
- Customers acknowledge that participating in the activity may cause a dangerous situation.
- By participating in the competition provided by the Supplier, Customers assume responsibility for observing safety policies, rules, notices and warning signs displayed whilst on the Premises.
- Customers must comply with safety directions provided by the Supplier, their officeholders and representatives whilst on the Premises.
- Customers guarantee they understand the scope, nature and extent of associated risks when participating in the competition. Such risks include: contraction, aggravation or acceleration of a disease, physical or mental injury, and/or death.
- You agree that children under the age of 18 and/or Customers who are mentally disabled (collectively referred to as ‘Children’ for the purpose of this clause 10) must be accompanied and closely supervised by an adult at all times. Where you are responsible for the Children, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions on their behalf and you will closely and directly care and supervise them at all times.
- Customers agree to maintain a hygienic environment in the following ways:
- to wear shoes at all times when on the Premises; ensure that Customers who are in your care and custodian will perform the same.
- In the event that Customers are ill, nauseous or suffering from any form of injury (regardless of the extent of illness or injury), Customers agree to cease all the competition and exit the Premises immediately.
- Customers agree not to enter the Premises if they are under any influence of alcohol, drugs (regardless the degree of influence) or are suffering from any form of infectious disease (regardless of the degree of infectiousness).
- Upon entering the Premises, Customers acknowledge and agree that they are granted a non-exclusive license to use the equipment in the Sydney Duty Free. Customers must not cause any damage to equipment. In the event that damage is caused to the equipment, Customers agree to make payments towards their repair, or alternatively, their replacement.
- In connection with Customers’ enjoyment of competition provided by the Supplier, Customers reserve responsibility for the payment of all fees and charges as displayed. The Fees are subject to change at Sydney Duty Free’s discretion.
- Customers agree that a ticket of entry may be used once only. Multiple entries on the same day may be permitted if the Supplier, their officeholders and/or representatives are satisfied that there is a reasonable justification for it.
- Customers agree that all tickets purchased to enter the Premises may not, without our prior written consent, be re-sold or offered for re-sale or used for any commercial gain or purpose.
- In the event that a ticket is purchased from the Sydney Duty Free and Customers no longer wish to use it, Customers may not apply for a refund but may transfer the ticket to another person (“Transferee”) without any commercial gain or purpose. The Transferee will be bound by the same terms and conditions as the original Consumer.
- When Customers make a booking with Sydney Duty Free and/or enter the Premises, Sydney Duty Free may collect Customers’ personal information. Customers represent and warrant that any information provided to the Sydney Duty Free is true, correct, accurate and up to date.
- Sydney Duty Free agrees to treat the information collected from Customers with confidentiality. That is, the information will not be disclosed to any third party other than to its employees, agents, officeholders and representatives to enable the performance of competition. Alternatively, the Sydney Duty Free will seek consent from Customers prior to releasing your personal information to other parties.
- Customers acknowledge that they may be photographed, filmed or recorded by the Supplier, their officeholders and representatives for the purpose of marketing of the Sydney Duty Free. The Supplier agrees not to use those photographs, film, recordings or images and/or publish them on public domain unless prior consent was given by Customers.
- Customers acknowledge that surveillance cameras are installed in the Sydney Duty Free and are operated by Sydney Duty Free for the safety and protection of individuals and properties. Customers further acknowledge that they may be photographed, filmed, taped and/or subjected to monitoring by those cameras. Customers agree and consent to be photographed, filmed or taped by those cameras whilst on the Premises. Sydney Duty Free may, at their discretion, use any photographs, film, recordings or images obtained and produced from those cameras without consent.
- Customers acknowledge that other Customers may take photos, films, recordings or videos in the Premises. Customers will not be restricted from taking photos, film or videos unless:
- Customers acknowledge and are aware that logos, ticketing system and facilities of Sydney Duty Free are intellectual properties of Sydney Duty Free and Sydney Duty Free’s licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights (“Proprietary Content”).
- Customers agree that they will not use the Proprietary Content, information or materials other than for the performance of the competition or in any manner that infringes the intellectual property rights of Sydney Duty Free or of a third party. No portion of such Proprietary Content may be reproduced in any form or by any means. Customers agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on such Proprietary Content in any manner. Customers further agree they will not exploit such Proprietary Content in any unauthorised way.
- Customers agree not to use such Proprietary Content to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any party. Customers agree that Sydney Duty Free is not to be held responsible for such use by Customers.
- These Terms and Conditions are effective until terminated. Upon termination of these Terms and Conditions, Customers shall cease enjoyment and participation of any competition immediately.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire Agreement between You (as the Consumer) and the Sydney Duty Free with respect to its subject matter. They set out the only conduct relied on by the parties and supersedes all earlier conduct by the parties with respect to its subject matter.
- In the event any provisions of these terms and conditions are prohibited or unenforceable in the applicable jurisdiction, they will be deemed ineffective to the extent of the prohibition or unenforceability. That will not invalidate the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions.
- If any dispute arises between you and the Sydney Duty Free, the laws of New South Wales will apply. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and waive any rights you may have to object to an action being brought in NSW Courts.